For Aphrodite.

July, the 14th,

the smell of raspberry lip stain.


I often associate you with a palette of pastel colours, Viz.

Isn't it funny, how some basic, non-glittery colours bring the feeling millions are deprived of; bring Peace? 


You have been that pallete of  pastel colours for me.

Colours that softened my canvas when I felt that I have way too much of weight of this universe on my back.

You have been that peach pink, whose philosophies did wonders on days when it rained quite hard. 

The mint green whose dimpled cheek made me feel loved.

That lemon yellow whose softness never failed to light up my rant sessions.

The lavender whose peculiar jokes made me laugh so hard.

The rosy brown love letter for our sad hearts.

You have been that soft, yet strong woman I am proud of.


And when the crimson moon dips in the sky,

Do you gaze at that ombre sight?

And do you wonder what is might and what is fright?

And will you remember that woman tonight?

Comments

Popular Posts